Milestones in the cooperation of Slovenia with EPOS
- 2010: started the EPOS PP project, when ZRC SAZU became associate partner within the project;
- March 2011: EPOS was listed on the Slovenian roadmap of research infrastructures 2011‒2020;
- 23th October 2013: Slovenian Ministry of Education, Science and Sports signed the Letter of Intent for Slovenia‘ cooperation in EPOS consortium.
- 18 September 2015 – ZRC SAZU becomes a member of the EPOS IP project (48 months) [Horizon 2020 – Programme for Research and Innovation (2014-2020), Grant Agreement No. 676564, INFRADEV-3-2015 – Individual implementation and operation of ESFRI projects].
- 2016: EPOS was listed as priority research infrastructure project (environmental sciences).;
- 4th May 2016: was established the national consortium EPOS-SI (at the level of Slovenia);
- 28th September 2017: the Slovenian Government signed the resolution, that Republic of Slovenia participates in the EPOS-ERIC (EPOS-European Research Infrastructure Consortium) as full partner and authorizes the Slovenian Ministry of Education, Science and Sports to make all necessary procedures to become member of EPOS-ERIC and for its realization (no. 51102-8/2017/3).
Slovenia will be one of 6 countries in establishment of EPOS-ERIC.